The holidays are a stressful time. So many parties to balance, getting your end of year projects finished off, making sure you have that Insta-worthy holiday gift unboxing, hosting family and trying to relax! It’s a tall order, so it’s no wonder that self care often goes out the window.
Join me this year with a simple plan to help you destress this season and enjoy what it’s actually all about.
The holidays aren’t stressless, but they can be LESS stressful.
- Define your Top 3 holiday must haves. If you did nothing else this month to celebrate the season, what are your top 3?
- Take 2 minutes at the end of your workday to unwind – play your favourite music.
- Take a walk during your lunch break. Wrap up warm!
- Try a 2 minute meditation (free ones online, free version of Headspace, apps like CALM, etc.)
- Turn off social media notifications. Don’t compare your holidays to anyone else.
- Move your body in a way that makes you SMILE! Jingle Bell Rock anyone?
- Make a hearty, healthy soup for the week. Ultimate comfort food.
- Go to bed early and read a book.
- Call a friend who you wish you were spending more time with.
- List 10 things that you’re grateful for. Remember what this season is all about.
- Create a cozy hygge space in your home. Think chunky blankets, warm, cozy, soft lighting.
- Journal about something that has been bothering you.
- Do something nice for a stranger.
- Light a festive holiday candle.
- Meal prep for the week ahead.
- Move your body in a joyful way. I know we’ve already had this one. It’s a reminder as this is a week where you can lose focus on relieving stress through movement.
- Register for Stress Less in 90 Days Group Coaching – doors close Jan 4, 2020.
- Say no to something that you don’t want to do (think one too many holiday events)
- Get fresh air: walk, ice skate, ski, snow shoe, etc.
- Cozy up with your favourite holiday move. I love The Holiday.
- Check out holiday lights. Drive around for free or go to a light festival.
- Stretch for 5 minutes. Love the body you’re in.
- Get yourself a gift – it doesn’t have to be expensive.
- List 5 things you can control today.
- Acknowledge all that you’ve accomplished this year. You rock.